A Last Will and Testament is a legal and powerful document. It can help protect and provide for your family, as well as ensure that your future goals and legacy are carried on.
Your Last Will and Testament empowers you to:
- Name legal guardians for your minor children if you are no longer living
- Distribute your probate property (property titled solely in your name) in accordance with your wishes
- Prevent your family from suffering needless grief and uncertainty
- Manage property in a Testamentary Trust for your loved ones with prolonged distribution
- Prevent the government from stepping in and distributing your assets
- Allocate funds for your children's future education and general support
- Make gifts and donations to causes you trust
- Determine who pays estate taxes and administrative expenses
- Appoint a personal representative (administrator)
- Provide burial/cremation/memorial instructions
- Provide for your pets
Deciding who will be appointed as a guardian for your minor children, what will happen to your home, your financial assets and your personal belongings after your passing can be a difficult process. However, if you don't take the time to make these decisions now, a court may end up dividing your property for you and deciding who is going to raise your minor children and managing their money.
Our Clients Say...
Iryna is nothing less than an expert at what she does. She did an excellent job helping my family involving a rather challenging issue. We felt included in the entire process and communication was always open-Iryna is incredibly trustworthy. We'd recommend Iryna and Avrine Law to anyone with similar needs.